GIS Specialist (Full-Time)
Southeast Missouri Regional Planning & Economic Development Commission
The Southeast Missouri Regional Planning & Economic Development Commission is seeking a qualified person to work as a GIS Specialist for the Commission. Qualified applicants should have an undergraduate degree or tangible work experience in GIS or a closely related field. In the event the degree is not related to GIS, prior training directly related to the job description is preferred plus one-year experience in GIS or have an equivalent combination of education and experience in a professional setting.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Responsible for all aspects of GIS to include mapping, verification of data accuracy, and maintenance of database information.
- Research and analyze data in GIS necessary to support specific documents, reports, plans and maps as related to planning, economic development, grant administration, and other departments.
- Maintain and update geospatial data, databases, and online map services.
- Collect data using GPS and other mobile platforms.
- Work directly with various city and county officials, employees, and departments to maintain and deliver GIS services.
- Conduct drone flights for LiDAR data collection and photography/photogrammetry
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Director
- A bachelor’s degree in GIS, or a related field
- One (1) year of progressive work experience performing GIS data development, management and maintenance tasks, geo-processing, map preparation and electronic file management is desirable but can be substituted with relevant volunteer and/or academic experience.
- Familiarity with online GIS services and configuration
- Familiarity with enterprise-based GIS software and server configuration
- Experience with current GIS software and geo-data processing
- Experience with ESRI and Microsoft software
- Employee occasionally works outside and is subject to weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and carry 30lb
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Attendance at evening meetings as needed
- Travel with overnight stays possible
Apply via Indeed or submit resume and references:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: GIS Specialist Position